2017/18 Policy Committee Members
- Rick Harms, OGRA Director and Project Engineer, City of Thunder Bay
- Virginia Ridley, OGRA Director and Councillor, City of London
- Paul Ainslie, OGRA Director and Councillor, City of Toronto
- Luc Duval, 1st Vice President, Director of Public Works & Engineering, City of Timmins
- Bryan Lewis, OGRA Director and Councillor, Town of Halton Hills
- John McKean, OGRA Director and Mayor, Town of the Blue Mountains
- Chris Traini, 2nd vice President, OGRA Director, County Engineer, County of Middlesex
- Ken Lauppé – Ex officio, President, Manager, Road Operations - East District, Public Works, City of Brampton
- Robert Hazra, Manager, Operations Office
- Allan Moore, Team Leader, Passenger Transportation Office
The Policy Committee shall provide the Board of Directors with policy advice on a wide range of municipal transportation issues.
The committee shall
- review relevant policy proposals and government legislation and develop a response where appropriate.
- initiate policy reports for submission to the Board of Directors.
- develop timely recommendations to the Board of Directors on emerging issues.
- identify issues of interest to the membership and recommend appropriate action by the Board of Directors.
- acts as the Resolutions Committee and develops recommendations to the Board of Directors.
The membership of the Policy Committee shall comprise:
- Members of the Board of Directors as determined by the Board of Directors
- Two representatives of the Municipal Engineers Association
The Board of Directors shall appoint the chair of the committee at its meeting immediately following the Combined Conference.
The Board of Directors may appoint advisors to the committee, but these advisors shall not be voting members of the Policy Committee.
Advisors shall be appointed annually at the first meeting of the Board of Directors following the Combined Conference.
The Board of Directors shall determine the meeting schedule of the committee.
The committee shall normally meet in conjunction with the meetings of the Board of Directors.
The Policy Committee may establish special-purpose Task Forces as required. Such Task Forces shall report to the